Many of us are probably reeling from Book Blogger Appreciation Week. Although it's a blast discovering new blogs, reading interviews, finding great books to read... all that link following can wear calluses on your eyeballs.
I debated even having a link round-up this week, but decided to go ahead so I wouldn't get out of the habit. This post and these links aren't going anywhere, so you can always come back for a visit and a surf when you've recuperated from this week's festivities.
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Want to know the difference between mass market and trade paperbacks?
- I wondered when this would happen: ads in your eReader?
- Perhaps you young whippersnappers may not be interested, but some of the rest of us might: 41 novelists who were over the age of 40 when their first books debuted.
- Some of Chuck Hogan's favorite local movies and books (Boston).
- I may be weird, but I think this library information desk made of recycled books is beautiful.
- Seven curious facts about Dr. Seuss books.
- A fun quiz: Who said it-- Jane Austen or Steve Austin?
- I wish this article had more photos! A remodel for the books.
Social Media Tip
- Why it's important to watch what you say in your status updates for Facebook or any social media program. Common sense, people!
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Found on Bev's blog, My Reader's Block: Who's Sitting at Your Table?
- On The Bumbles Blog, Molly had an excellent article which talks about what readers expect to find in a book review.
- Rebecca of The Book Lady's Blog talks about why we should abandon our to-be-read lists.
New to My Google Reader
These are a few of the blogs I've discovered through Book Blogger Appreciation Week and elsewhere!
- My Favourite Books
- Park Benches & Book Ends
- Lisa's Other Bookshelf
- Tony's Reading List
- Marks in the Margin
- Sam's Book Blog
That's it for this week. I hope you'll stop by next Friday for another freshly chosen batch of links for your surfing pleasure!