For those of you who think that I spend hours and hours each week reading blog posts and other things on the Internet for my round-up, think again. I really don't. I think it's more a matter of having the right things sent directly to my inbox. Good thing, too, because Google Reader was playing silly buggers with me today. One time it would tell me that I had 700+ unread posts; then I'd look five minutes later and I'd only have 132. There might be all sorts of wonderful posts I missed out in the book blogosphere, but if your tools are "broke" and you can't fix 'em....
Let's see what managed to make its way through Google's self-imposed moratorium, shall we?
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- How to Dress an Author from The Huffington Post.
- A tongue-in-cheek look at medieval copyright protection.
- Take a look inside a library pub. If it catches on, maybe there'll be a few more books....
- Stieg Larsson's partner talks about her bitter battle for the Dragon Tattoo millions.
- In honor of Ray Bradbury's 90th birthday, a quiz.
- Out of Print has some wonderful t-shirts.
- True Crime Tourists. Don't forget to check out the slide show. Some of them are mind bogglers.
- I love love love this: Karl Lagerfield and Books.
- The Ten Best Bookstores for Vacation Reading.
- Lisbeth Salander's IKEA shopping list.
- 10 Underrated Canadian Authors. (There is also a link to the 10 Most Overrated.)
- They're making a television series based on Ann Cleeves's Vera Stanhope mysteries, and I can't wait to see it. (Yes, we have UK DVD playing capabilities here at Casa Kittling.)
- Have you heard about the Literati wireless reader arriving in October 2010?
- Using CopyGator to catch duplicate content and plagiarism on the Internet.
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Book bloggers are at it again: Bookrageous! Buy the Bookrageous calendar. Dawn of She Is Too Fond of Books talks about it, too.
- Amanda of Desert Book Chick talks about the 5 Reasons Why I Don't Like Giveaways.
- Man of La Book talks about helping other book review bloggers.
New to My Google Reader
That's all for this week. I hope you found a link or two that brightened and enlightened. See you next Friday with a brand-new batch of freshly chosen links for your surfing pleasure!