Monsoon is making an appearance again. It's 110°F. (43°C.) and the humidity is up. I don't know about any of the rest of you, but I don't mess around with that junk about "glowing". I don't "glow"; I sweat. This time of year, the only thing to do is go sit in the pool with a book and a tall cold drink. That way I'm doing neither one and enjoying myself tremendously at the same time. In view of what I'd prefer to be doing, let's see what I've rounded up in the way of links for you so I can beat a path to the pool!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- BookBrowse shows how libraries stack up.
- Libraries also have a Novel Idea.
- One person wonders how 140 characters is affecting literature.
- Have you been to the World eBook Fair?
- Have you been on the bullet train bookmobile?
- Print versus iPad: Books win!
- NPR has an article about the writer who couldn't read.
- Harvard's Open Collection of Readers, Readership, and Reading History.
- Showing blog stats on your Blogger dashboard.
- My Friend Amy's most excellent An Open Letter to Borders and Barnes & Noble.
- The Bumbles: Never Apologize for What You Read.
- A new feature on Book Fare Delights: Library Love.
- Reading With Tequila: How Do You Manage Your Book Review Schedule?
- The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Amy Reads
- The Broke and the Bookish
- Book Magic
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Middle-Grade Authors
Stay cool, everyone!