Maybe it's me, or maybe we're heading into the dog days of summer. I could actually keep up with the posts in my Google Reader, and since I subscribe to 600 blogs (give or take a dozen) that must mean summer has sung her siren call. I'm not complaining. It's nice to open up the old GR and not see that I have over 1000 unread posts!
Let's see how that's affected the links I was able to gather, shall we?
Bookish News & Other Stuff
- I never tire of looking at photos of bookstores around the world: 9 of the Most Amazing Bookstores in the World.
- I love how this article begins: "There is a definite art to filling bookshelves."
- Kicking back with a good e-reader.
- I also never tire of looking at photos of bookshelves: Book Lovers Never Go to Bed Alone.
- Martha Stewart just earned a couple of Brownie points: instructions for making Waterproof Book Covers. It's a good thing....
- Even though I don't do it anymore, I still like reading about Marginalia.
- Not that I'm weird or anything, but I don't like book lights that clip to the book. I like mine fastened to my head somehow. If I were able to figure out how to do that with this model, I might get my own series on the Syfy channel.
- I guess you can make a living by stealing and reselling books. At least these two men in Seoul, South Korea did.
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Margot at Confessions of a Mystery Novelist would like to know which mystery author got us hooked on reading mysteries.
- Hilarious cartoon about Digital Book Signings on Type M for Murder.
- Kris on Not Enough Books will be showcasing a new feature called Strut Your Shelves. I'm hoping lots and lots and lots of folks participate!
New to My Google Reader
- Awful Library Books
- Feed Your Reading Habit
- Books Love Me!
- LindyLouMac's Book Reviews
- Whispering Gums
- Man of La Book
That's it for this week. I'm going to bed now and read more of the latest book in one of my favorite series, The Morland Dynasty. Hopefully we'll get a bit more rain tonight because one of my favorite things to do is to lie in bed and listen to it rain. (A rare occurrence here in the desert!)
Hopefully a link or two has tickled your fancy. Don't forget to stop by next Friday for another fresh batch of links for your surfing pleasure. See you then!