I was Missing In Action last week due to the sort of guest I'd like to keep on house arrest so he could never leave. I have very few close friends, but the ones I do have are "cherce" (choice). While Mike was here, we had an adventure or two. I'm going to try to write about one of them, and hopefully that post will see the light of day this coming Monday.
As a result of my preoccupation, I did little blog reading or surfing, but I do have some links for you this weekend. I hope you find one or two of them cherce.
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- One of those Duh Moments: Experts are now telling us that parents must let children choose what they read.
- What IS a Library Anyway?
- The 50 Most Beautiful and Brilliant Coffee Table Books.
- "What are you reading?" at the LA Times Festival of Books.
- Matthew McConaughey may be set to star in a film adaptation of The Lincoln Lawyer.
- Have you ever heard of Williams Syndrome? It scares the puddin' outta me.
- The Reviewerspeak Award results for April 2010.
- I want 'em-- Bronte Sisters Power Dolls!
- Have you used the What's Next: Books in Series database?
- The 10 Best Books About Being Stranded.
- Erotica is giving book publishers a much-needed boost.
- When, Where and How to Use Images in Your Blog.
- How to Write Crisp Titles.
- What is anchor text and why it matters. (If you're making a hyperlink and use "here" to anchor the link to, shame on you!!)
- Pam of Bookalicio.us talks about How to Write a Negative Review.
- Rhapsody in Books asks What Are Your Criteria for Following Blogs?
- Adele of Persnickety Snark talks about Blogging Conflict: Learning the Hard Way.
- Katy of A Few More Pages wants to know What Is Your Favorite Childhood Reading Memory?
- Nancy of 2010: The Year in Books talks about used books that should be new.
- Jennifer of Reading With Tequila wonders if it's all right for authors to defend themselves when their personal lives are attacked.
- Natalie of Book, Line, and Sinker talks about her love of snail mail.
- Amanda of Desert Book Chick talks about How to Write a Killer Book Review.
- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books reviews the iPad.
- Peter of KyusiReader in the Philippines has a wonderful post about his book club.
- I have to give a shout out to two of Aarti's posts on her blog, BOOKLUST: Commenting Etiquette, and a fabulous review of The Eyes of Willie McGee. Her review of this book is so passionate that I want to break all land speed records to get my hands on a copy.
- Lori's Reading Corner
- Une Parole
- Sharon's Garden of Book Reviews
- The Book Mole
- Baja Greenawalt's Cozy Book Nook
- Desert Book Chick
- Booklover Book Reviews
- Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Be sure to stop by next Friday when I'll have a whole new batch of links for your surfing pleasure!