I'm on the verge of finishing up an excellent historical mystery, Shadow of the Lords, so let's take a look at the links I found this week!
Bookish News & Other Delights
- The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards wants to be a... librarian?
- Authors talk about the writers who inspired them.
- Here's a real Duh Moment: a group's figured out that having a home library is the key to academic success. Whoda thunk it?
- Authors put down other authors all the time. Want to see their best lines? Part One. Part Two.
- Removing a sign costs a bookstore revenue.
- Someone with a good idea: bookmarks that include their own notepads.
- Books for Soldiers
- The Guys Lit Wire is conducting an Operation Teen Book Drop Event for Navajo and Apache teens. Read details of the event, and then take a look at the Alchesay High School's wish list at Powell's.
- Paperback Swap announced their partnership with United Through Reading where members can donate both money and book credits. If you're not a Paperback Swap member, here's a direct link to United Through Reading.
- Thinking of conducting a giveaway on your blog? Here are some promotional tips.
- Lenore of Presenting Lenore has an excellent article about Book Bloggers Behaving Badly: Are YOU on an Author's Hate List? Like the next article on my list, you're missing three-quarters of it if you don't read the comments!
- Jackie of Farm Lane Books stirred up quite a hornet's nest with UK v US Book Blogs. There were so many comments that she was a bit overwhelmed.
- Kim of Sophisticated Dorkiness wants our thoughts on the FTC disclosure guidelines.
- Reading With Tequila talks about Piracy: It's Real. And It's All Your Fault.
- Have fun with Dawn of She Is Too Fond of Books as she shares her Kitchen Haiku.
- One of the fun things about the recent Readathon was the mini challenge at Bart's Bookshelf.
I have to admit that at least two of these blogs were discovered while reading Jackie's post and the subsequent comments:
Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll have a brand-new batch for your surfing pleasure!