My apologies for this week's link round-up being a bit late. I've been enjoying my time off a bit too much! So with no further delay, let's get right to the links, shall we? Hopefully you'll find several that pique your interest.
- A language disappears, and we are all the poorer for it.
- A novel evening of speed-reading men, courtesy of the Edinburgh Bookshop.
- For fellow lovers of Scandinavian crime fiction, a bookworm's tour of murder in Sweden.
- Do you agree with this Top Ten List of Unreliable Narrators?
- For Presidents' Day-- our Best-Read Presidents. (And it will come as no surprise to any of us that the best-read also rank highly as our best.)
- Looking for some book-themed t-shirts?
- Amazon wants to give a free Kindle to Amazon Prime subscribers.
- Are you in the running for Glue's Guru Giveaways? What? You're passing up chances for FREE BOOKS???
- Lorna Barrett, author of the very enjoyable Booktown Mysteries, wants your help with the title of the fifth book in the series.
- Book blogger hits the big time.
- Nominate your favorite detectives as part of Jen's Detectives Around the World. It will be interesting to follow along and discover the winners!
- Liz of Mabel's House gives Turner Classic Movies her Top Ten Reasons Why She Should Be Hired as a Guest Host.
- Chris of Book-a-rama talks a bit about punctuation.
- Liz of A Chair, A Fireplace & A Tea Cozy has more information about ARCs (Advanced Reader's Copies).
- Alyce of At Home With Books warns us about embedded comment boxes.
- Why you should add FAQ to your blog.
- The Top Ten Google Settings you should know about.
- The Facebook Guide Book by Mashable.
Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll have a whole new batch of links for your surfing pleasure!