I had this post half done when Firefox crashed. For some reason the Auto Save didn't save, and I'm starting from scratch. If it happens again, I doubt very much that there will be a Links Round-Up this week. I'm not known for my patience! Let's see how fast I can type....
- NPR talks about the Problem With Best-Of Lists. (You won't be seeing any here until after the first of the year. I'm still reading!)
- Stretch your brain cells a bit with this Snow In Books quiz.
- Who knew? There's going to be an online Bookmark Collectors Convention next year.
- The Guardian talks about the Best Words of the Decade. My personal favorite is "witches' knickers".
- Cultural name dropping in Stephen King's Under the Dome.
- Stephen King is paying for several troops' holiday trips home.
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Jen of Devourer of Books wants to know if she's really the Grinch in disguise.
- Does your blog need a bit of tidying up? Natasha of Maw Books has scheduled the next Bloggiesta. ¡Ole!
- This sounds like something that would happen to me. Betty Webb, one of my favorite mystery writers, lives in the Valley and had to drive to California for book tour commitments. Read what happened to her.
- It's Christmas. Let's take a look at some gingerbread houses.