This is definitely Link Round-Up Lite this week. As we get closer to Christmas, I have less and less time to devote to my usual pursuits (one of the realities of life in retail). I did manage to rustle up some goodies, though!
- "Twitter" has been declared the top word of 2009.
- Poor Jane Austen. Now they can't decide how she died.
- The UK arts minister believes the library system needs a radical shake-up in order to survive.
- A marvelous bookstore-- the Elliott Bay Book Company in Seattle-- may have to close.
- I happen to love the smallest library in the UK!
Lisa of the Online Publicist has thought of a wonderful way to benefit others in honor of Dewey's memory-- by gathering up books we no longer need and donating them. Please click on the Dewey Tree above to learn all the details!
I think this is a marvelous idea, but as I told Lisa, I really can't take part because I've already done it. For the past year (and as recently as two weeks ago), I've been donating books to local nursing homes and libraries, and I will continue to do so. Please don't forget to click on the tree to learn how you can help others!