There's a mockingbird outside just filled to bursting with the pure joy of singing. Mr. Mocker has had to wet his whistle a few times at the birdbath right outside the office window. Each time, he's stared at me with his sharp black eyes. He clearly thinks I'm a mug for sitting in here and working when it's such a glorious day.
Come to think of it... I am a mug. Let me get this latest batch of links put together, and I'm outta here with two good books and a tall, cold drink!
Books in the News
- Why E-Reader Adoption Will Be Slower Than People Think.
- Author Stephen Elliott found a different way of getting his book "out there".
- Exclusive first photos of Barnes & Nobles' double-screen e-reader.
- James Atlas talks about what goes into choosing the right cover for a book.
- BLDGBLOG shows the conversion of an old church into a bookshop... beautiful!
- Good design crosses the pond: Penguin Classics. Classics without dust jackets that recall the beauty of books printed a century or more ago.
- Woopra, a free website tracking and analytics service that's getting thumbs up from several book bloggers.
- Feeling adventurous? Want to change the navigation menu of your blog? Here are 30 different navigation menus for you.
- Have a Blogger blog? Do you have a Facebook page? Here's a Facebook Share Gadget for your Blogger blog.
- Is it cheese... or is it a font? (I hope you're better at it than I am!)
- Would you buy a scented candle that smells like the wonderful old books you find in a library or antiquarian bookshop?
- One of the highlights of my day is when Donna Moore has written another of her adventures that regularly occur whenever she's on the #62 bus in Glasgow, Scotland. The last time Denis and I were driving through Glasgow, we were stuck behind a bus and I have to admit that I was trying my best to see the bus number... just in case!
- John McFetridge's Why Louise Penny's Cozies Are Creepier Than My Noirs.
- Beth Kephart on Do Book Bloggers Make a Difference?
- Molly and Andy on The Bumbles have begun a new feature, Joy of Confession, that I'm really enjoying. This week, they've been talking about awards. Why don't you go over and join in?
- Natalie of Book Line and Sinker wants to know if you've ever interviewed an author?
- Nicole of Linus's Blanket is introducing a terrific new feature on Tuesday, October 27 called That's How I Blog! I think you'll agree that it's something none of us want to miss!
- A Few More Pages
- Book End Babes
- Celticlady's Ramblings about books and other things
- The Book Vixen
- Advance Booking
- Layers of Thought
That's it for this week. Come back next Sunday when I'll have a new batch of links for your viewing pleasure!
Coming, Mr. Mocker! Just let me grab my book!